Updated: Feb 18, 2020
My first valentines day in this beautiful business - Florals and Fika!
I had SO. MUCH. FUN!
I've done a few valentines days as a florist working for other fairies. But let me tell you, doing all of it myself was a huge eye-opener. A great one! Let me tell you all about it...
I was manager of all enquiries, designer, market-runner, buyer, process & prepper, phone call maker, florist (creator of every piece), wrapper, ribbon-er, card writer, vase-put-er-inner, delivery driver and crazy mad woman.
Although it was a little tricky figuring things out and i may have had tim-tams for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and dessert #floristdiet), i can honestly say it was absolutely dreamy. Doing what i love and being surrounded by colours and texture and just incredible product was honestly the best. Delivering to special girls and saving the lives of lucky guys (wink, wink). I had a little bit of a pinch me moment.
For everything i do in this business, at the end of a project i write a list of what i liked and what i learnt (aint about the neg vibes).
Let me share some things i learnt:
- some boys will order on the day, not weeks before like you wish. By some boys i mean at least a dozen!
- an extra pair of hands wouldn't go astray
- Nina rose and purple weirdly look beautiful together
- after dark looks fabulous with everything
- a black ribbon can make a design look super elegant
- organise the delivery run in a logical manner
- check the address on google before you leave the house. Walking around trying to find an address for 10 minutes chews into fun creative time (and makes you feel like a dork)
I hope this helps any other florists who are starting out and facing their first v-day! Or just gives you an idea of what goes on behind the scenes!
Bring on next year! Bigger and better than ever.